In-studio, breaking the 4th wall – John Chichilla (@chilla) and Doug Derda (@douglasderda)
– Doug is a featured daddy blogger in an article about his writing atdouglasderda.com and it’s a walk down memory lane back to PodCamp and the budding friendship that has blossomed for him and Sorg.
– “Daddy, your friends are on TV.” Thanks to Chromecast, Doug generally watches the show on TV at home with his son.
– The awesome thing of the week:
Chilla: Everypost (everypost.me) – It lets you cross-post across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, tumblr and Dropbox. The boys talk comparison to Constant Contact, Hoot Suite, Tweet Deck and Radiant 6.
Spoon: Shoebox (shoebox.ancestry.com) – Turns your phone into a scanner to help with your family history search.
– Tip of the Week: Buy the Family Tree Maker (Nova Development) (@$75.00 value) which gives 6-month access to records via Ancestry.com for free and it updates your account online. Listen to the show for additional tips.
– The Pono music player (Kickstarter with Neil Young). Is it a trend for music connoiseurs? Or is there more to it?
– Shoutout to the official Sorgatron Media pizza sponsor – Slice on Broadway (sliceonbroadway.com). Check them out!
– iPad 2 finally killed off by Apple. It’s been replaced with a Retina display model though.
– The Google is down. The Google is down. Hangout, chat and spreadsheets sustained an outage yesterday. Are we “that” dependent on technology?
– Android Wear! How will it stack up to other wearable tech? (We’re looking at you Pebble.)
– Things to look forward to in the not too distant future: Ted X, Build Conference, and Microsoft announcement for new Office – with (wait for it) first release for iPad?
– Despicable Me banana fart gun – a great motivational tool for potty training, not so great for business calls.