We’re comparing new studio spaces with Brian Crawford of The River’s Edge this week! Sorg, Chilla and Brian are bringing you the week’s tech news including:
- Apparently we have a wall in our future?
- Did you miss the Big Purple Couch Parade? Check out our Facebook videos from last week!
- Brian Crawford of The River’s Edge is joining us tonight – with some updates from THEIR new studio, too!
- Speaking of The River’s Edge, we’re getting a new time slot!
- Tune in over there to check us out Saturdays at 9am.
- It only took Sorg 10 years to get out of the basement. We’d love to show you the new space!
- Chilla is telling us all about Apple allowing up to 10K beta testers per app thanks to Test Flight.
- Will Apple’s 10K beta tester limit for Test Flight make it better for developers?
- Brian is sharing a digital projector as his Awesome Thing of the Week.
- Speaking of digital projectors, Sorg shares one of his favorite digital projectors at Dependable Drive-In.
- Brian’s LED Miroir projector is a little smaller than the Dependable Drive-In.
- Leave it to Chilla to consider Chromecast or AppleTV adaptation for Miroir.
- Sorg’s Awesome Thing of the Week was his overdose of video games at Replay FX over the weekend.
- Sorg was impressed by the band playing the Duck Tales music during game play at Replay FX.
- Sorg realized Battle Toads is a little more violent than he remembers thanks to Replay FX.
- How about powering a pinball machine with a bicycle? Sorg is sharing that experience from Replay FX.
- Sorg wasn’t the only one who checked out Replay FX. Chilla is also sharing his experience!
- Speaking of games, if you’re in Austin check out the 50 years of electronic gaming exhibit.
- Woodworking meets Star Wars?
- Will Overwatch overtake the NFL with viewers? Brian is sharing some thoughts.
- Hey Looking for Group we may be scheduling an Overwatch outing so we can have knowledgeable conversations. 😉
- Chilla is sharing some Avid news about a free version.
- Brian is sharing some news about the new studio space!
- There’s a world’s largest super soaker?!?!
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway (@Pgh_Slice) if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)
Join our AwesomeCast Facebook Group to see what we’re sharing and to join the discussion?
Follow these awesome people on Twitter: Mike Sorg (@Sorgatron), Brian Crawford (@RiversEdgePGH), and John Chichilla (@chilla).
Have you seen our AwesomeTips videos?
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast!
Remember to check out our friends at River’s Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) and The 405 Media who replay the show on their stream throughout the week!
Also, check out sorgatronmedia.com and awesomecast.com for more entertainment; and view us livestreaming Tuesdays around 7:00 PM EST!
This week on Awesomecast 275, we talk awesome things in technology, including:
- Time for our Awesome Thing Of The Week – for Sorg it’s his Chromecast.
- ASUS has released their Chromebit. Chilla is sharing his thoughts for his Awesome Thing Of The Week.
- Mad Mike’s Awesome Thing Of The Week is his new not-flip-phone, the iPhone6.
- Time for our Tip Of The Week with Google Photos freeing up space for backed up photos.
- Our friend Alex Kahrs tried the Boomerang app. He made one video and deleted the app.
- We’re slackers! But only because we’ve been using Slack – a group communication app to help organize projects.
- Did you know you could download a giphy keyboard? Chilla just shared one with us.
- We’re talking Windows 10 updates.
- Democrats fighting back after GOP declares wifi password war.
- ABC is developing exclusive content for its Watch ABC app.
- Google gifts free 1TB cloud storage!
- Chilla is sharing a new option for taking your aerial screensaver to the next level.
This week on Awesomecast 268, we talk awesome things in technology, including:
- We’re showing our shiny new iPhone6s – as in we each have a new toy this week.
- Tip from AJ: Put your iPhone6 face down to avoid “Hey Siri” response when it’s inconvenient.
- Talking iPhone6s features.
- Talking live motion photos on iPhone6s
- Faster response time with iPhone6s touch ID for unlocking the phone. But, is it too fast?
- Selfieflash is a thing with iPhone6s – We’ve warned you.
- For iPhone6s cases make sure it has a lip. (That’s what adds protection to your screen when your phone drops.)
- Listening to Chilla’s thoughts about app thinning. There’s some debate. How much phone do we need?
- Force touch mouse on the iPhone6s. It’s MAGIC!
- New Nexus phones came out today! Nexus 5X is happening for our non-fruit fans.
- Android Marshmallow discussion about s’more to love. (Thanks Android for giving us that one.)
- Nexus is a good line of phones. And, the new ones work with all carriers!
- Chilla’s breaking down some thoughts on Android Marshmallow. Tune in for what he thinks about their security.
- Google has an Android based Pixel C tablet. We’re checking it out now.
- We’re taking a turn from phones and tablets to talk Chromecast
- We’re sharing our thoughts about the new Chromecast design – that just hangs. But, it’s colorful!
- Chromecast Audio has our interests piqued.
- Blackberry Priv to launch this year. It’s still relative because there is a market for folks who want a keyboard.
- White House announces broadband is a core utility and should be available to everyone – like power and water.
- We’re holding off on our VR discussion so we can have a larger discussion when Chilla joins us back in Studio A next week. Tune in!
This week on Awesomecast 191, we talk the latest and most awesome things going on in the world of technology, including:
- The Rufus Cuff. Will this be the next great smart watch?
- Discussion on the positives and negatives of talking to our technology.
- AJ Kuftic talking about his new LG Tone Bluetooth headset, and giving a demonstration of the microphone in it.
- Twitch.TV supporting the Asphalt 8 iPhone game. Sorg talks about his experience with it. You can view his Twitch videos here: twitch.tv/sorgatrongaming
- Talk about our App of the Week, which is FireChat! This leads into a discussion about Mesh networks.
- Talk about Facebook buying Oculus.
- Discussion on an Engadget story about a Fleksy keyboard that acts sort of like a game.
- Talk on Google bringing a photowall to Chromecast.
- Speculation on Google Now on Chrome being on Mac OS and Windows.
- Talk about music playing systems like Google Music, Pandora, iTunes and Spotify.
- OneNote being downloadable on every platform.
- The cast talking about upcoming things in the world of technology.
Eat at Slice on Broadway if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)
Follow this awesome cast on Twitter: @awesomecast,
Mike Sorg (@sorgatron), John Chichilla (@chilla) and AJ Kuftic (@ajkuftic).
Also, check out sorgatronmedia.com and awesomecast.com for more entertainment; and view us livestreaming Tuesdays at 6:30 PM EST!
From this episode: