Sorg returns to bring us our regularly scheduled podcast day!. This week, he is joined by Chilla, and Katie – as well as special guest, Mike Pound (aka Uncle Crappy). The crew is talking about some of this week’s tech news for AwesomeCast 349, including:
We’ve got Mike Pound (aka Uncle Crappy) in studio recording this week’s Awesome Chat before we go LIVE for Awesome Cast.
We’re BACK! We’ve got some craft beer, some Uncle Crappy and some Dudders thanks to Katie and it’s Podcast Day!
It’s our last episode of the year. We’re getting geeky and nostalgic – checking our predictions from last year and talking tech and social media predictions for 2017, with the local nerds that use it on AwesomeCast 329!
– We’re LIVE with our year-end Christmas show with Doug Derda and Cynthia Closkey, talking about our awesome things of the year on this week’s episode.
– Sling and cordcutting were our awesome things of the year for 2015 as we reflected back last year.
– Meerkat? Wow!
– Cynthia is sharing her awesome thing of the year for 2016 – her smart watch (Apple Watch) and wearables in general.
– Sorg is sharing his woes over the Pebble buyout in comparison to the Apple Watch.
– Doug is pitching a Kickstarter campaign for a Kickstarter movie talking about Kickstarter campaigns.
– Google Glass is still a discussion at the end of 2016.
– Wheelz is sharing his awesome thing of the year – his Samsung phone.
– Doug is sharing Facebook LIVE as his awesome thing of the year and how interesting instacontent is.
– Speaking of bleeding edge tech – we can’t help but talk about iJustine and how she was livestreaming a decade ago.
– How do you stand out in a tidal wave of content now that instacontent is so available?
– Are people looking at instacontent for content or for interaction with other people?
– Doug is teaching us about the Musically app through his son’s usage.
– Sorg’s awesome thing of the year is self-driving cars – especially since he’s been in one!
– Speaking of self-driving cars, studies show traffic would be better with less traffic lights.
– It’s 2016 prediction recap time!
— Doug was WRONG with his prediction about online superstardom.
— Cynthia is recapping her accurate mom factor prediction about streaming programming.
— AI advancement prediction by Chilla is ACCURATE! (You can thank Alexa, Sir.)
— DJ Lunchbox’s iPhone7 prediction – ACCURATE! (WTH headphone jacks?)
— Technology to communicate with pets. Sorry Katie, we’re not sure whether Catterbox counts this year.
– Apple’s biggest innovation – a phone that doesn’t explode!
– Predictions for 2017!
— Doug predicts Google+ will finally die.
— Sorg thinks Twitter will not be an independent company by the end of 2017. Will it go to Verizon?
— Cynthia thinks VR video will not be a thing next year, as in it’s not going anywhere, and we won’t know why. She doesn’t believe it will get past Cardboard and it’ll be at least another 3 years before we see any solid movement with VR.
— Rizz predicts the Nintendo Switch will revolutionize gaming
– Thanks for a great (at least by way of tech) 2016! Make sure to hit us up with what tech Santa brought you!
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)