We’ve got our usual gadget hounds Sorg, Chilla, and Katie on for AwesomeCast 341. We also have a special guest in studio. Andy Quayle of Tubu Internet Solutions joins us to talk about what he’s been up to, and some fun things in tech. This week we’re talking about awesome things in technology, including:
Katie is saying screw traffic this week with her Awesome Thing of the Week the Hum Rider.
Chilla and his dongles. Want to charge your phone and play audio? He’s telling us how.
Of course we expect Andy to have an Awesome Thing of the Week – he’s sharing some thoughts on the Echo.
Scott Simmons joins us to discuss The Scarehouse, “Pittsburgh’s Scariest Haunted House”. We talk about how this seasonal business is a year long job, using social media, behind the scenes videos and new technologies to connect online, moving on from television and more!
Ketaki Desai joins us to discuss the eCenter@Lindenpointe, a business incubator in Hermitage, PA in Mercer County.We discuss building tech and business in a region not always thought as an innovative region, Entrepreneurship Academy that shows High School students opportunities in the area, some of the success stories for this young organization, the first Startup Weekend for the area, and more!
We talk with Bobby Zappalaof Ascender, a hub for starters and builders rebranding from the old Thrill Mill. We discuss the “start up” community in Pittsburgh an why they are distancing themselves from that moniker, growing into the new name, Thrival Festival, what they bring to the table with their move, the IBM Watson AI Xprize in Pittsburgh, and what is coming up!
This week on AwesomeCast 331, we’re talking about awesome things in technology, including:
– We’ve got Chilla in Studio C with Krause, Sorg, and Dudders in studio.
– We’re reworking our Patreon – and there WILL be AwesomeCast Gold in the near future.
– Talking some hot merchandise with Chilla as his Awesome Thing Of The Week
– Out of CES Chilla is bringing us the Razer 3-monitor laptop as his Awesome Thing Of The Week.
– Dudders is focusing on the most important part of CES – augmented reality p0rn as her Awesome Thing Of The Week.
– Krause follows with his Awesome Thing Of The Week – his first Uber ride (not from Sorg).
– Sorg’s Awesome Thing Of The Week is how Wendy’s trolled someone so hard he deleted his account.
– Wrestling Mayhem Show crossover: Wendy’s discussion with TNA social media account also a thing.
– Sorg’s favorite never frozen pizza is Slice. We even did a Facebook LIVE with our favorite guys today! (Check it out.)
– This week’s App Of The Week is from Chilla – the Continual app (normally $7.99) is now free.
– What’s going on with Google Voice? Chilla is talking about some updates.
– Mark Hamill dubbing Donald Trump tweets as The Joker?
– Our friend Brandon let us know about the new LG tv that’s less than 3mm thick.
– Dudders is procrastinating stopping procrastinating. But, there’s an app for that!
– What is cooler than 3D medical imaging?
– Fitbit bought Vector – another Pebble competitor. Chilla is sharing his thoughts.
– Sorg got to attend the Ascender hackathon this weekend.
– Keep an eye out for our Awesome Chat video with Ascender coming out later this week.
– We’re talking an ambulance drone that can assist in emergency response.
– Uber just opened up city data.
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)