This week we’ve got Susan and Vance of Ohio Linuxfest in studio to share some news about their event at the end of the month. We’ve also got our usual cast of characters with Sorg, Katie, and Chilla as we talk about the obvious things – Apple updates!
Susan and Vance are sharing this year’s Ohio Linuxfest as their Awesome Thing of the Week.
This week we’ve got James Deighan of Megacat Studios in studio, and he brings a friend from Sorg’s other world (the Wrestling Mayhem Show) with him. It’s a great chat with them and our usual suspects, Sorg and Chilla, as they talk about:
Otherwise, James develops games, when not stuck behind a microphone in studio.
Chilla has paper. We are super confused.
With Chilla talking about Hershey Park, we may have lost Producer Missy to a chocolate haze.
Chilla may have stolen this piece of paper he’s holding from another family at Hershey Park.
Planning a trip to Hershey Park? There’s a layer of wifi – and it’s interactive to their digital map!
Dear Kennywood – take some cues from Hershey Park, please.
It’ll make user experience so much better.
Chilla feels the Hershey Park experience makes it worth another trip.
James is sharing Full Quiet as his Awesome Thing of the Week.
We’re talking some game development with our game developer, James Deighan.
As a secondary Awesome Thing of the Week, James is talking some Log Jammers.
Sorg is literally playing with his Awesome Thing of the Week (thanks to Looking for Group) Restream.io.
It seems like everyone has a Back to School sale – even tech companies that don’t have much to do with school?
Shout out to Amanda for inviting us out to the mall for some super special Apple stuff this past weekend.
Sorg is sharing home automation updates with Chilla. Talk about a turn of events.
This episode has turned into an Apple Store experience discussion?
We’re learning about the concept of trading pistachio shells for Apple products.
Chilla is sharing his travel tips about taking extra tech.
We’ve got our usual gadget hounds Sorg, Chilla, and Katie on for AwesomeCast 341. We also have a special guest in studio. Andy Quayle of Tubu Internet Solutions joins us to talk about what he’s been up to, and some fun things in tech. This week we’re talking about awesome things in technology, including:
Katie is saying screw traffic this week with her Awesome Thing of the Week the Hum Rider.
Chilla and his dongles. Want to charge your phone and play audio? He’s telling us how.
Of course we expect Andy to have an Awesome Thing of the Week – he’s sharing some thoughts on the Echo.
It’s our last episode of the year. We’re getting geeky and nostalgic – checking our predictions from last year and talking tech and social media predictions for 2017, with the local nerds that use it on AwesomeCast 329!
– We’re LIVE with our year-end Christmas show with Doug Derda and Cynthia Closkey, talking about our awesome things of the year on this week’s episode.
– Sling and cordcutting were our awesome things of the year for 2015 as we reflected back last year.
– Meerkat? Wow!
– Cynthia is sharing her awesome thing of the year for 2016 – her smart watch (Apple Watch) and wearables in general.
– Sorg is sharing his woes over the Pebble buyout in comparison to the Apple Watch.
– Doug is pitching a Kickstarter campaign for a Kickstarter movie talking about Kickstarter campaigns.
– Google Glass is still a discussion at the end of 2016.
– Wheelz is sharing his awesome thing of the year – his Samsung phone.
– Doug is sharing Facebook LIVE as his awesome thing of the year and how interesting instacontent is.
– Speaking of bleeding edge tech – we can’t help but talk about iJustine and how she was livestreaming a decade ago.
– How do you stand out in a tidal wave of content now that instacontent is so available?
– Are people looking at instacontent for content or for interaction with other people?
– Doug is teaching us about the Musically app through his son’s usage.
– Sorg’s awesome thing of the year is self-driving cars – especially since he’s been in one!
– Speaking of self-driving cars, studies show traffic would be better with less traffic lights.
– It’s 2016 prediction recap time!
— Doug was WRONG with his prediction about online superstardom.
— Cynthia is recapping her accurate mom factor prediction about streaming programming.
— AI advancement prediction by Chilla is ACCURATE! (You can thank Alexa, Sir.)
— DJ Lunchbox’s iPhone7 prediction – ACCURATE! (WTH headphone jacks?)
— Technology to communicate with pets. Sorry Katie, we’re not sure whether Catterbox counts this year.
– Apple’s biggest innovation – a phone that doesn’t explode!
– Predictions for 2017!
— Doug predicts Google+ will finally die.
— Sorg thinks Twitter will not be an independent company by the end of 2017. Will it go to Verizon?
— Cynthia thinks VR video will not be a thing next year, as in it’s not going anywhere, and we won’t know why. She doesn’t believe it will get past Cardboard and it’ll be at least another 3 years before we see any solid movement with VR.
— Rizz predicts the Nintendo Switch will revolutionize gaming
– Thanks for a great (at least by way of tech) 2016! Make sure to hit us up with what tech Santa brought you!
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)