Sorg and Chilla are celebrating the return of all of the old things this week, including:
- Chilla is buying some Xbox stuff when he gets home!
- Streaming Xbox to Mac? Chilla’s interested!
- Sorg is flying again starting next week – and he has just the VR device for in-flight entertainment.
- Sorg is talking some VR options from his in-person discussion at a local event with Schell Games – especially I Expect You To Die.
- The reason VR has jumped so much is thanks to cellphones.
- Thanks to Brandon for sharing REVVL and a few other options as his Awesome Thing of the Week fan submission.
- Nokia is bringing back the Banana Phone and we’re geeking out so much!
- Sometimes, 2 megapixels is all you need.
- Speaking of Nokia, we’re revisiting the past AGAIN with the Communicator.
- The Olympics featured a ton of drones – and it was AMAZING!
- Amazon is acquiring Ring. Chilla has thoughts.
- Shadow virtualizes a high-end gaming PC on your desktop.
- Will Adobe be expanding their cloud to include high-end workstations to help render video, etc.?
- Huawei made a Porsche somewhat autonomous – – with a smartphone.
- Google Assistant can launch specific tasks in Android apps?
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway (@Pgh_Slice) if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)
Join our AwesomeCast Facebook Group to see what we’re sharing and to join the discussion?
Follow these awesome people on Twitter: John Chichilla (@chilla) and Sorg (@Sorgatron)
Our good friend, Zach Rizza is raising money and awareness through the Dick’s Sporting Goods Foundation Team Pittsburgh 2018 Pittsburgh Marathon. Check out his fundraiser page at: https://www.crowdrise.com/dsgfpitt2018/fundraiser/zachrizza
Have you seen our AwesomeTips videos?
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast!
Remember to check out our friends at River’s Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) and The 405 Media who replay the show on their stream throughout the week!
Also, check out sorgatronmedia.com and awesomecast.com for more entertainment; and view us livestreaming Tuesdays around 7:00 PM EST!
This week on AwesomeCast 282, we’re talking about awesome things in technology, including:
- John Carman is sharing his Awesome Thing Of The Week – Guy-Fi Masterbation Booth.
- Hot Octopuss discussion is happening. We should get John Carman and Katie Dudas together to talk adult tech.
- James Deighan is sharing the Pittsburgh Retro Gaming event (happening this weekend) as his Awesome Thing Of The Week.
- James is also discussing the game Germ Squashers.
- Marta is sharing her Awesome Thing Of The Week – the West Marine Liquid Image scuba mask dive camera.
- Sorg is keeping with this week’s theme with the Nudifier app for iOS.
- It’s time for our App Of The Week and this week’s is brought to us by Marta – the Go Fucking Do It app.
- Time for fan submissions and this week’s input comes from some friends who checked out Oculus VR at Looking For Group.
- Sorg is sharing his thoughts on I Expect You To Die from Schell Games here in Pittsburgh.
- 8-bit games in a VR setting? James is sharing some ideas about it.
- Discussing tiny houses built for the homeless in Seattle.
- We’re sharing some thoughts on astronauts growing their first space flower.
- Related David Bowie gets his own constellation.
- NES did a Labyrinth game? Color us shocked! (And amazed.) James is giving us the hook-up.
- Minecraft finds a way to program BASIC code in-game.
- Somewhat related…Minecraft is a growing search term on Porn Hub.
- And we’ve turned to a discussion of Leisure Suit Larry.