This week’s episode brought to you by ScareHouse, Slice on Broadway, and Alex Kahrs Design & Media!
Christopher Whitlatch joins Sorg in studio while Chilla is remote from Studio C to talk this week in tech. This week’s topics include:
- Apparently Sorg is a Life Model Decoy (LMD)?
- Whitlatch is showing off some cool tech he’s using for ZTag.
- Chris is sharing how important tech games are for his local community.
- Chilla is enthralled by this magic Whitlatch is bringing to the show this week.
- Sorg was in Cleveland and had a chance to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – which is where he found his Awesome Thing of the Week.
- Chilla’s Awesome Thing of the Week is an AI media search through Microsoft OneDrive.
- Companies are trying to bypass the app store.
- Fortnite is trying to use dance moves as its two-factor authentication process.
- Sometimes having that bigger name behind you helps build your audience because they are already trusted names in the greater community.
- Golden Eye creators have ruled Oddjob as cheating.
- We’re talking some Honda Sensing.
- Sorg has been doing some quick video and edits – directly from his iPhone.
- Want to see the world super up close? There’s a foot-long camera lens to help you out with that.
- Microsoft is offering a subscription for Xbox.
- Microsoft and Sony are working together on gaming experiences.
- Chilla has a new Blue microphone he’s excited about.
- We’re living in 1995 – thanks to an app that allows you to download and install a version of Windows 95.
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway (@Pgh_Slice) if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)
Want to be part of our studio audience? Hit us up at [email protected] and we’ll save you a seat!
Join our AwesomeCast Facebook Group to see what we’re sharing and to join the discussion!
Follow these awesome people on Twitter: Christopher Whitlatch (@cswhitlatch), Chilla (@chilla) and Sorg (@Sorgatron)
Have you seen our AwesomeTips videos?
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast!
Remember to check out our friends at the River’s Edge (@RiversEdgePGH) and The 405 Media (@The405Radio) who replay the show on their stream throughout the week!
Also, check out sorgatronmedia.com and awesomecast.com for more entertainment; and view us livestreaming Tuesdays around 7:00 PM EST!
This week on Awesomecast 263, we talk awesome things in technology, including:
- Sorg’s Awesome Thing of the Week is hitting up chat roulette with a live-action zombie shooter!
- Chachi is playing catch-up this week. He’s been out of touch for the Little League World Series. For once, you can tell HIM what’s new.
- Want to check out the chat roulette zombie game?
- Awesome Thing of the Week Chilla edition: iPhone as a DSLR with the D X O – one
- Our guest PGHPodcast’s Awesome Thing of the Week is Blackberry! Blackberry is going to make a comeback, no seriously
- Chilla thinks there’s enough pent-up demand for a QWERTY keyboard. So much that there is an overlay. (And why Blackberry is a thing.)
- Chachi is crossing the streams with Insert Coin to Begin with his Awesome Thing of the Week discussion of WiiU. Bottom line: Give Nintendo your money.
- Next to the WiiU, Chachi is talking about his new Chrome Book.
- The App of the Week is Giphy Cam. They want to be the Instagram of GIFs. And, they’re awesome!
- We’re finding out Chachi has spent a lot of money lately. In addition to the WiiU and Chrome Book, he’s talking about Soda Stream!
- Happy Birthday Windows 95! One more year and you’ll be legal to drink. 20 Years of Windows 95!
- Sorg is remembering his Windows 95 ICP theme and its amazing sounds.
- Google has a shiny new router to fix complicated wifi. And, it’s only $200!
- Encarta 98 Mindmaze is a thing we’re discussing #AwesomeThingsAcrossTheMillennia
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)
Follow these awesome people on Twitter:Frank Murgia (@PGHPodcast) John Chichilla (@chilla), Anthony Walker (@chachisays, @insertcointb), and Mike Sorg (@sorgatron).
Also, check out sorgatronmedia.com and awesomecast.net for more entertainment; and view us livestreaming Tuesdays around 6:30 PM EST!
From this episode: